P A R I S H
August 14-15, 2021
Theme: Mary in Art
The last gift that Jesus gave us from the cross, before he died, was his beautiful blessed mother, Mary. As our spiritual mother, Mary, longs for all her children to know the eternal joy of having a personal relationship with her beloved Son, Jesus Christ. Mary is the most perfect human to walk the face of the earth. She wants no glory for herself, but only desires to bring us closer to Jesus. This show is NOT an opportunity to worship Mary. No one deserves worship but God. This show is to give Mary the opportunity to lead us to her Son by getting to know her a little bit better.
Many of us honor Mary as we honor members of our family who have gone before us to their eternity. We have pictures in our homes of these relatives and items that remind us of their impact on our lives. This show is an opportunity to share our images and momentos of a common relative, our spiritual mother, so that we can grow closer to her, to each other and above all to her presious Son, Our Savior Jesus Christ.
Acceptable Mediums for Submission:
(unlike prior shows, we will accept submissions beyond orignal artwork. These items could have been purchased or inherited as long as they are duly noted in the submission and offer us a fresh perspective of Mary.
- Stain Glass
- Digital Graphic Art
- Short Stories
- Quilts (with Marian symbols on them)
- Soft sculpture dolls
- Marian Jewelry
- Marian Mementoes and Ornaments
Create a family memory in June and July!
- As a family talk about Mary, read a story about Mary or watch a movie or video about Mary.
- Then as a family create a collage the represents your family members' images of our Holy Mother.
- Create a Family Marian Banner with your favorite symbols of Mary.
- Then create a knotted fleece or t-shirt quilt or table runner with each member painting a Mary design on one of the squares
- Have each family member create something that represents Mary
- Decorate flower pots with the flowers that represent Our Lady.
- Go on a photo scavenger hunt and take pictures of all the many flowers that represent Mary (take time to research and make a list) and then make a photo collage as a memory the event.
- Check out ideas on Pinterest.
Let Michele know if you have any other ideas!
There are so many perspectives with which we can view Our Blessed Mother. Below are a few Ideas. Let them spark your imaginationa and creativity. Do a little research of your own for other ideas.
- Titles of Mary
- The New Eve
- Our Lady of Peace
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Queen of Heaven
- Mother of the Church
- Queen of Angels
- Cause for Our Joy
- Mary in Other Cultures and Faiths
- Russian Orthodox
- Byzantine Orthodox
- Greek Orthodox
- Mary Scripture
- The Annunciation
- The Visitation
- At the Foot of the Cross
- In Revelations
- Marian Dogma
- The Mother of God
- The Perpetual Virgin
- The Immaculate Conception
- Her Assumption into Heaven
- Marian Prayers & Devotions
- The Hail Mary
- The Magnificat
- Stations of the Cross
- Holy Cards
- Marian Apparitions
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Our Lady of Lourdes
- Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Marian Symbols
- Walled Garden
- Fleur de Lis
- Download the Art Submission for here: Art Submission Form
- Each submission requires a photo of the submission.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions from an individual. Two caveats: A). No duplicate items. If someone has already submitted an identical piece, we will not accept another one (manufactured items). B). Should we run out of room for all the pieces, we have the right to ask individuals with multiple submissions to remove something from thier submissions.
- There is a nominal fee of $5.00 per submission, not to exceed $15.00 per person. This money is to cover the cost of signage and displays throughout the show.
- When you submit a piece you must identify yourself as either the artist or the owner so that proper recognition is given.
- You must also make note if you are bringing your own display pieces ( pedestal, table top or floor easel, etc)
- Artists may sell pieces they have submitted in the show.
- Price must be listed on the registration form
- Sold artwork can only be picked up after the show ends.
- Professional artists must calculate taxes into their price as the docent writing up the sale will not do so.
- An optional donation of 10% of the sale price given to our Evangelization Ministry (something near and dear to the heart of Mary) is greatly appreciated (that too can be calculated into the selling price).
- Submissions are to be dropped off at the Church Social Hall (church basement) Thrusday evening, August 12th, between 6:30-8:30pm or Friday, August 13th, from 10:00am to1:00pm.
- Pick up of all submissions will be Sunday, August 15th, from 5:30pm-7:00pm in the Church Social Hall or Monday August 16th between 9:00am and 4:00pm location to be determined at a later date.
Please contact Michele Blate at [email protected] with ideas, questions or concerns.
Submission Form Available as a downloadable PDF (Step 1)